Well, that didn’t quite go as planned.
I had intended to keep this blog up to date but somewhere between keeping two tiny humans alive it fell by the wayside along with housekeeping and regular showering. The showering had improved but let’s face it- I was never going to win any housekeeper-of-the-year awards even before kids!
The kids are going to be two this month and they are doing so great! They are right on target or ahead of all milestones and growth expectations. They are learning new things every day and they are equal parts hilarious and exhausting.
Things that have happened since the last post:
- An impromptu trip to Atlanta to get expedited passports for the kids.
- A 2 month work related trip to Helsinki, myself and the kids in tow.
- Sitting, scooting, crawling, standing, walking, falling, running, climbing, etc.
- LOTS of teeth. (They are both surprisingly good teethers. Minimal drool, moderate whining but no real sleep disruption.)
- Lots of words.
- Swimming, wagon rides, playing at the park.
- A trip to Jacksonville for Grandma and Grandpa’s anniversary and Liam and Nora’s FIRST BIRTHDAY! (I was a mess the night before their birthday. I cried. And cried. And watched them sleep like a creepy mom.)
- Gnomes for Halloween.
- Photo with Santa. Neither one were thrilled. Santa was definitely not thrilled.
- Our first trip away from them. We went to NYC with our wonderful friends right after Christmas for 4 days. Our favorite baby whisperer stayed at the house with the kids and they did great. (Or at least that’s what she told us. We did great too! ha)
- Clapping, dancing. They are dancing MACHINES!
- Talking on anything that could possibly resemble a phone.
- Lots of food. These kids can put it away.
- First scraped knees.
- Coloring, drawing pictures.
- More dancing.
- IKEA trips.
- Splash pad visits.
- Throwing poppers for Fourth of July.
- A visit from our friend Leslie, little did we know it would be the last time we’d get to see her beautiful smile.
- An international move to Stockholm, Sweden.
Yep, that’s right! We are currently residing in Stockholm, Sweden and loving it. I’m going to attempt to start blogging again to give you a glimpse into our daily living. I can’t promise that the posts will be well written, factually correct, informative or even entertaining but I’ll certainly try my best to keep them coming!
You can also follow us on Instagram @TheOliverSchmolivers to see even more pictures.
(and to catch up on months 7-23! ha)
Keep the blog coming, Ray and I enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures of the twins. Cute and really growing. Aunt Donna
Sent from my iPad